Meteobot® helps you control plant diseases. The weather data from your field or orchard can be automatically transmitted to disease models, which can generate forecasts for plant disease risks.
How do models work?
The models contain rules and algorithms, obtained from scientific research and many field trials. These rules and algorithms take into account rain, temperature, air humidity, leaf wetness, solar radiation, etc.
Wheat and barley models, for example, contain built-in information about the phenological stages of plant development and the yield risk. The resistance (or tolerance) to diseases of different crop varieties is also incorporated in the models.
Based on all of these features, the models provide a dynamic forecast for the expected moment and the degree of the infection risk.
Why use models?
Wheat growers save on average 23 EUR/hectare from fungicides and fuel. For a farm with 500 ha of wheat, this means 11,500 EUR savings – each year!
RETURN ON INVESTMENT
* The historical data is necessary for the model to work correctly, even if the weather station is installed after the date of seeding or after the start of the growing season.
How do models actually help?
- Spray only if and when necessary
- Choose the most adequate product
- Avoid resistance
- Less stress in busy periods
- Integrated plant protection.
- Wider use of contact or generic products